From Lesson Plans to Power Struggles, Grades 6-12: Classroom Management Strategies for New Teach…
Geschenk per Mail versenden
Taschenbuch € 35,49* inkl. MwSt.
Titel: From Lesson Plans to Power Struggles, Grades 6-12: Classroom Management Strategies for New Teachers
Herausgegeben von June Trop Zuckerman
CORWIN PR INC
CORWIN PR INC
1. August 2009 - kartoniert - 232 Seiten
Sie sind nicht eingeloggt.
Sie werden nach Klick auf den Button zur Anmeldung weitergeleitet, um den Artikel auf einem Merkzettel hinzufügen zu können
Using stories from novice secondary school teachers in urban, suburban, and rural districts, this book illustratesáways to solve various classroom management problems. In From Lesson Plans to Power Struggles, Grades 6û12: Classroom Management Strategies for New Teachers, each chapter tackles a common issue and containsárelevant stories along with an expert analysis of the strategies and the underlying practical principles that contributed to each teacherÆs success. The author identifies when the challenges that confronted byáteachers are related toálesson execution or discipline. Readers will also find realistic and helpful scenarios thatáreflect instances whenáa teacher may not have been as successful as intended.
Foreword by Jean Lythcott, Phd
About the Author
Part I. Lesson Execution Problems
1. The Advantage of a Well-Planned, Activity-Based Lesson
2. When Your Lesson Plan Is Inadequate
3. When Your Lesson Is Boring
4. When Your Directions Generate Frustration
5. When the Activities You?ve Planned Don?t Fill the Allotted Time
6. Getting the Class Settled for the Start of the Lesson
7. When You Have a Persistently Noisy Class
8. When Your Normally Attentive Class Is Noisy
9. When the Class Misuses Instructional Materials
10. When Students Don?t Do Their Homework
11. When There?s a Threat to Student Safety
12. When There?s a Mishap
13. When a Tragic Event Affects the School Community
Part II. Discipline Problems
14. When a Good Student Violates a Minor Rule
15. When You Have a Class Clown
16. When Students Are Your Buddies
17. When You Have a Student Who Talks a Lot
18. When a Group Misbehaves (Or Is Likely to Misbehave)
19. When a Student Is Outspoken
20. When a Student Does Little or No Schoolwork
21. When a Student Seems Troubled
22. When Students Bully
23. When Students Cheat
24. When Students Fight
25. When You Find Yourself in a Power Struggle
26. When Your Student Has a Tantrum
27. When a Student Persistently Seeks Attention
28. When a Student Provokes the Class?s Animosity
29. When an Administrative Intervention Is Necessary
Conclusion: Becoming an Effective Classroom Manager
Glossary and Index of Technical Terms
Alphabetical Index of Practical Principles
Topical Index of Practical Principles
Index of Supplementary Concepts
June Trop Zuckerman has had over 40 years of experience as an award-winning teacher and educator, approximately half of those years as a middle and high school science teacher and half as a professor of secondary education. Over the years, she has conducted countless classes and seminars for and about novice teachers and coached scores of them in their own classroom to improve their management skills.
With an EdD in science education from Teachers College, Zuckerman has focused her recent research on the mentoring of novice teachers, their classroom management strategies, and the practical knowledge they construct and communicate through storytelling. Her papers on these topics have appeared regularly in the Journal of Science Teacher Education, Science Educator, and American Secondary Education.
Now associate professor emerita at the State University of New York at New Paltz, she uses her extensive theoretical and practical knowledge of pedagogy to speak to and coach teachers at colleges and secondary schools in the region.
"Prepares the novice teacher for success in classroom management with a guide that exposes the real nature of disruptive events, along with clearly stated solutions."
Kunden, die diesen Artikel gekauft haben, kauften auch
Kundenbewertungen zu „From Lesson Plans to Power Struggles, Grades 6-12: Classroo…“
Diese Artikel könnten Sie auch interessieren
Zuletzt angesehene Artikel